Thank you for your interest in the high school at Sophia Academy! Our students have a lot of positive things to say about their experience here. These are a few comments made at a recent 8th grade Q & A session where parents and students were invited to quiz high students on what they liked here.
"This is a place you can learn about God and there is love and real friends."
"On our mission trip we dug for water pipes and met people serving from all over American and we stay in touch with them."
"My math class now has few distractions- my old one was crazy - I felt like I could not think."
"My old school looked like a jail and there were drugs and fights - I feel so much safer here."
Besides solid academics Sophia offers your student a calm, happy atmosphere where the high school students are given numerous opportunites to shine.
Appointments for tours need to be made with the Admissions Director by filling out this form or calling.
Applications are due by March 2, 2015.
The admissions process is as follows:
- Campus tour with Admissions Director (sign up here or call 404.303.8722).
- Submission of the following four forms: Sophia Academy Application for High School including the $125 Application Fee, the Student Evaluation Form: Math (PDF), the Student Evaluation Form: Language Arts (PDF), and the Transcript Release Form (PDF). Please also submit the student's educational/psychological profile and/or I.E.P. documenting the specific learning disability if applicable.
- Schedule student testing through the Admissions Office. Each applicant is
given the Woodcock Johnson III achievement test. The screening takes about 45
minutes to an hour and is designed to reflect grade level abilities and learning
styles strengths and weaknesses.
- The decision to accept a new student will be made within 5 days of the testing, if all admissions paperwork has been provided. A member of the Admissions Committee will contact you by phone.
- An Admissions Packet will be forwarded to accepted students. A completed Admissions Packet and Financial Contract reserves the student’s place.
- Fees Due upon acceptance: $2,750.00
1.) $750 Registration Fee and completed Financial Contract
2.) $2,000 applicable to the first tuition installment
All fees are non-refundable. Textbooks are purchased by the high school families.
Sophia Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, or national origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial assistance, or employment practices.